Medicines from Animal Cell Culture:
- Provides comprehensive descriptions of methods for cell culture and nutrition as well as the technologies for the preservation and characterisation of both the cells and the derived products
- Describes the preparation of stem cells and others for use in cell-based therapies – an area of burgeoning research
- Includes experimental examples to indicate expected results
- Covers regulatory issues from the UK, the EU and the USA and reviews how these are developing around the world
- Addresses the key issues of standardisation and validation with chapters on GLP and GMP for cell culture processes
Delivering insight into the exciting world of biological medicines and directions for further investigation into specific topics, Medicines from Animal Cell Culture is an essential resource for researchers and technicians at all levels using cell culture within the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and biomedical industries. It is of value to laboratory managers in these industries and to all those interested in this topic alike.
Keywords: SCIENCE / Biotechnology SCI010000