Assuming no previous knowledge of statistics or R, the book includes:
- A comprehensive introduction to the R language.
- An integrated approach to importing and preparing data for analysis, exploring and analyzing the data, and presenting results.
- Over 300 examples, including detailed explanations of the R scripts used throughout.
- Over 100 moderately large data sets from disciplines ranging from Biology, Ecology and Environmental Science to Medicine, Law, Military and Social Sciences.
- A parallel discussion of analyses with the normal density, proportions (binomial), counts (Poisson) and bootstrap methods.
- Two extensive indexes that include references to every R function (and its arguments and packages used in the book) and to every introduced concept.
Keywords: source; statistical; environment; facto; de; collection; capabilities; data; graphics; manipulation; excellent; extensible; statistical analysis; simple; packages; large; levels; allow; number; software; continuously; guide; accessible, General & Introductory Computer Science, General & Introductory Life Sciences, General & Introductory Computer Science, General & Introductory Life Sciences