British Sign Language For Dummies
This lively guide introduces the key hand shapes and gestures you need to communicate in British Sign Language. The illustrations depict both the actions and facial expressions used to sign accurately, while the companion CD-Rom features real-life BSL conversations in action to further your understanding. With these practical tools, you’ll become an expert signer in no time!
British Sign Language For Dummies includes:
- Starting to sign – learn about Deaf communication and practise simple signs to get you going
- Learning everyday BSL – develop the grammar and vocabulary skills that are the building blocks to using British Sign Language
- Getting out and about – sign with confidence in a wide range of real-life situations, from travelling to dating
- Looking into Deaf life – learn about the history of the Deaf Community and how they’ve adapted their technology and lifestyles to suit their needs
For corrections to this book, please click here:
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Page amount
- 336 pages
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN