Genomics research has made significant advances in recent years. In this book, a team of internationally-renowned researchers share the most up-to-date information in a field that has in recent years switched emphasis from gene identification to functional genomics and the characterization of genes and gene products. This volume approaches this complex subject with a broad perspective to supply the reader with a vital overview of genomics and its derivative fields, with a focus on pivotal issues such as data analysis. Expansive and current,this bookis a comprehensive research guide that describes both the key new techniques and more established methods. Every chapter discusses the merits and limitations of the various approaches and then provides selected tried-and-tested protocols, as well as a plethora of good practical advice for immediate use at the bench.
- Provides a broad introduction to current practices and techniques for lab-based research in genomics
- Explains clearly and precisely how to carry out selected techniques in addition to background information on the various approaches
- Chapters are written by a leading international authorities in the field and cover both well-known and new, tried and tested, methods for working in genomics
- Includes troubleshooting guide and reviews of alternative techniques
- An essential laboratory manual for students and researchers at all levels