Divided into five parts, the book not only explores surgical treatment of atrial fibrillation, it also offers a complete understanding of its underlying causes:
- Anatomy, Pathophysiology, and Electrophysiologic Basis of Atrial Fibrillation
- Surgical Approach to Atrial Fibrillation: The Cox-Maze Procedure
- Modifications of the Cox-Maze, Use of Alternative Surgical Patterns, and Energy Sources
- The Invasive Cardiologist Approach
- Perioperative Complications, Reporting Results, and Statistical Analysis
With its clear presentation and analysis of the current findings in surgical treatment of atrial fibrillation, this book points the way towards a scientific approach for the surgical cure of atrial fibrillation and is essential reading for all cardiac surgeons.
Keywords: MEDICAL / Surgery / General MED085000