The meeting was a great success, and has resulted in the production of these proceedings, Applications and Systematics of Bacillus and Relatives, providing an up-to-date and comprehensive treatise on the classification, identification and applications of the aerobic endospore-forming bacteria; it is an essential reference for all microbiologists interested in these organisms.
- Valuable reference work for all those interested in the systematics of Bacillus and its relatives.
- Produced in response to the successful Bacillus 2000 meeting in Bruges and was supported by the Federation of European Microbiological Societies, the Belgian Society for Microbiology, and several commercial sponsors.
- Of use to those working in fields as diverse as medicine, agriculture, food and industry.
- Comprehensive and up-to-date analysis of the systematics of these organisms.
- Includes the application of sophisticated chemotaxonomic and genetic characterization methods.