- Provides a fascinating introduction to the literary, historical, and theological background of psalmody
- Examines the psalms through liturgy and prayer, study and preaching, translation
and imitation, and musical composition and artistic illustration
- Includes illustrations of significant psalms, helpful maps, and an extensive bibliography
- A forthcoming second volume is planned, which will take an alternative psalm-by-psalm approach
- Published in the innovative reception-history series, Blackwell Bible Commentaries.
A selected bibliography to accompany the book is also available at www.blackwellpublishing.com/pdf/9780631218555.pdf.