A guide to implementing the DVB-H system for the carriage of MobileTV services, The DVB-H Handbook
provides an overview of all aspects of the specification. Placing particular emphasis on the technical elements, it includes important information on the signalling and service discovery. The background, functioning, planning and optimisation of DVB-H are systematically explained for use in network planning and optimization. Subjects such as coding, different modes for channel delivery and protection in core and radio system are detailed. Giving examples on the practical interpretation of the DVB-H specifications, this book also describes the process behind the realization of the end-to-end system.
• Outlines the functioning, planning and optimization of the complete DVB-H system
• Spans topics from physical network planning and link layer specifications, to application ingredients such as EPGs and audiovisual streaming technologies
• Uses illustrations and selected case examples reflecting real-life practice to give greater understanding
• Functions as an overview of the topic, as well as a tutorial for implementing the system
• A must-read for beginners as well as established experts within the field of Mobile broadcasting