Self-Commutating Converters for High Power Applications
This unique book reviews the present state and future prospects of self-commutating static power converters for applications requiring either ultra high voltages (over 600 kV) or ultra high currents (in hundreds of kA). It is an important reference for electrical engineers working in the areas of power generation, transmission and distribution, utilities, manufacturing and consulting organizations.
All topics in this area are held in this one complete volume. Within these pages, expect to find thorough coverage on:
- modelling and control of converter dynamics;
- multi-level Voltage Source Conversion (VSC) and Current Source Conversion (CSC);
- ultra high-voltage VSC and CSC DC transmission;
- low voltage high DC current AC-DC conversion;
- industrial high current applications;
- power conversion for high energy storage.
This text has a host of helpful material that also makes it a useful source of knowledge for final year engineering students specializing in power engineering, and those involved in postgraduate research.
Keywords: high-power self-commutating converters, Ultra High Voltages, Ultra High Currents, IGBTs, GTOs, HVDC Transmission
- Arrillaga, Jos
- Liu, Yonghe H.
- Watson, Neville R.
- Murray, Nicholas J.
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Page amount
- 328 pages
- Technology, Energy, Traffic
- eISBN (PDF)
- Printed ISBN