Provocative and immensely well informed, The Order of Things
represents a substantial and original contribution to the fields of systematic theology, historical theology, and the science and religion dialogue. Leading theologian, Alister E. McGrath explores how the working methods and assumptions of the natural sciences can be used to inform and stimulate systematic theology.
- Written by one of today's best-known Christian writers
- Explores how the working methods and assumptions of the natural sciences can be used to inform and stimulate systematic theology
- Continues McGrath’s acclaimed exploration of scientific theology, begun with his groundbreaking three-volume work, A Scientific Theology
- Includes a landmark extended analysis of whether doctrinal development can be explained using Darwinian evolutionary models, and exploration of how the transition from a “scientific theology” to a future “scientific dogmatics” might be made
- Supported by a published review of McGrath’s scientific theology project, which is currently the best brief introduction to his thought.
Keywords: RELIGION / Christian Theology / Ethics REL067070