Why should an investor have rent-to-own as part of his or her investment portfolio? This book lays out in clear detail the benefits of rent-to-own and how to get started with a rent-to-own strategy. Loaded with tips and case studies, here are the core components of the system:
- How to identify properties
- How to carry out due diligence
- Smart financing strategies
- How to market your system and attract interested tenants-homebuyers
- How to identify and choose tenants-homebuyers
- The rent-to-own contract
- Obligations of the investor to the tenant-homebuyer
- Obligations of the tenant-homebuyer to the investor
- The team of experts: agent, lawyer, lender, home inspector, accountant
- Exit strategies
There are many singles and couples who for a variety of reasons opt for a rent-to-own opportunity. For some it's an opportunity to check out a location for a couple of years so that they're certain it's the house and neighborhood they want for the long-term; for others it's the desire to own a home but need to grow their down payment-having a nice home while they save is a terrific option. The expertise of the investor in identifying the right property and providing the right financing is another significant aspect for the tenant-homebuyer.
The benefits for the investor are many: a solid property in an area where the fundamentals are strong; great tenants who respect the property; a profitable investment even with a downturn in the market.
Investing in Rent-to-Own Property is the quintessential tool for investors who have yet to take advantage of a proven money-maker or for those investors who want the benefit of a proven system to build their portfolio.