This second edition includes:
· expanded sections on MEMS and microfluidics related fabrication issues
· new chapters on polymer and glass microprocessing, as well as serial processing techniques
· 200 completely new and 200 modified figures
· more coverage of imprinting techniques, process integration and economics of microfabrication
· 300 homework exercises including conceptual thinking assignments, order of magnitude estimates, standard calculations, and device design and process analysis problems
· solutions to homework problems on the complementary website, as well as PDF slides of the figures and tables within the book
With clear sections separating basic principles from more advanced material, this is a valuable textbook for senior undergraduate and beginning graduate students wanting to understand the fundamentals of microfabrication. The book also serves as a handy desk reference for practicing electrical engineers, materials scientists, chemists and physicists alike.