Built upon the two original books by Mike Crisfield and their own lecture notes, renowned scientist René de Borst and his team offer a thoroughly updated yet condensed edition that retains and builds upon the excellent reputation and appeal amongst students and engineers alike for which Crisfield's first edition is acclaimed.
Together with numerous additions and updates, the new authors have retained the core content of the original publication, while bringing an improved focus on new developments and ideas. This edition offers the latest insights in non-linear finite element technology, including non-linear solution strategies, computational plasticity, damage mechanics, time-dependent effects, hyperelasticity and large-strain elasto-plasticity.
The authors' integrated and consistent style and unrivalled engineering approach assures this book's unique position within the computational mechanics literature.
- Combines the two previous volumes into one heavily revised text with obsolete material removed, an improved layout and updated references and notations
- Extensive new material on more recent developments in computational mechanics
- Easily readable, engineering oriented, with no more details in the main text than necessary to understand the concepts.
- Pseudo-code throughout makes the link between theory and algorithms, and the actual implementation.
- Accompanied by a website (www.wiley.com/go/deborst) with a Python code, based on the pseudo-code within the book and suitable for solving small-size problems.
Non-linear Finite Element Analysis of Solids and Structures, 2nd Edition is an essential reference for practising engineers and researchers that can also be used as a text for undergraduate and graduate students within computational mechanics.
Keywords: original; built; two; mike; books; lecture; thoroughly; team; edition; de; scientist; additions; original publication; content; new authors; core; developments; focus; new; latest; element; finite; insights; technology; nonlinear, Numerical Methods & Algorithms, Numerical Methods & Algorithms
- Borst, René de
- Crisfield, Mike A.
- Remmers, Joris J. C.
- Verhoosel, Clemens V.
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Wiley Series in Computational Mechanics
- Page amount
- 304 pages
- Technology, Energy, Traffic
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN