The following topics are covered in detail:
- general concepts governing the assembly of the substrate with the reaction vessel
- preparation of molecular reactors
- stabilization of reactive intermediates
- reactions in water, in organic solvents, and in the solid state
- photochemical reactions
- reactions with unusual regioselectivity
Molecular Encapsulation: Organic Reactions in Constrained Systems is an essential guide to the art of changing the outcome and the selectivity of a chemical reaction using nano-sized reaction vessels. It will find a place on the bookshelves of students and researchers working in the areas of supramolecular chemistry, nanotechnology, organic and pharmaceutical chemistry, and materials science as well.