Ubuntu is a community developed, Linux-based operating system that is perfect for laptops, desktops, and servers, and is used by millions of people around the world. This book provides you with practical hacks and tips that are not readily available online, in FAQ files, or any other Ubuntu book on the market so that you can customize your Ubuntu system for your specific needs.
Bridging the gap between introductory information and overly technical coverage, this unique resource presents complex hacks and ways to extend them. You'll feast on numerous tips, hints, and little-known secrets for getting the most out of your Ubuntu system.
- Shares unique and exciting hacks for customizing your Ubuntu system to meet your specific needs
- Explains how to expand the basic installation of Ubuntu on a USB thumb drive and install over a network in order to support special hardware
- Deciphers how to manage Ubuntu software, install unsupported software, communicate over the Internet, and share files with non-Linux systems
- Reveals techniques for strengthening the Ubuntu system, including speeding up boot times, reducing memory usage, enhancing graphics, and using multiple desktops
- Details ways to secure your system and reviews the options that exist to secure the file system and network
If you're a power user hungry for cutting-edge hacks to intensify your Ubuntu system, then this is the book for you!
Keywords: Ubuntu hacks, customize Ubuntu, how to customize Ubuntu, ways to customize Ubuntu, hacks to customize Ubuntu, how to customize Ubuntu with hacks, customizing Ubuntu, guide to Ubuntu, guide to customizing Ubuntu, guide to hacking Ubuntu, Ubuntu power users, Ubuntu power users guide