The only continuous, step-by-step tutorial for SolidWorks
SolidWorks is a 3D CAD manufacturing software package that has been used to design everything from aerospace robotics to bicycles. This book teaches beginners to use SolidWorks through a step-by-step tutorial, letting you build, document, and present a project while you learn.
Tools and functionality are explained in the context of professional, real-world tasks and workflows. You will learn the essential functions and gain the skills to use the software at once.
- SolidWorks is a popular design software for manufacturing, and this book introduces it in the context of actually creating an object
- Begins with an overview of SolidWorks conventions and the interface
- Explains how to create models and drawings, create a revolved part and subassembly, and model parts within a subassembly
- Explores modification capabilities and drawing and Bill of Materials templates
- Moves on to top-level assembly models and drawings, Toolbox components and the Design Library, mates, export and printing capabilities, and creating renderings
- Includes a glossary, a foreword from the SolidWorks product manager, and downloadable tutorial files
SolidWorks 2010: No Experience Required quickly turns beginners into confident users of SolidWorks.
Keywords: books about SolidWorks, how to use SolidWorks, learning SolidWorks, SolidWorks guides, using SolidWorks, SolidWorks tutorials, manufacturing design software, CAD software for manufacturing, learning CAD software, design software for manufacturing, solid modeling, manufacturing software