Friends Forever: How Parents Can Help Their Kids Make and Keep Good Friends
A systematic plan for parents to help their kids acquire and sustain friendships
Every parent hopes their child will develop healthy and happy friendships. However, most parents don't know what to do that will encourage their child to be a friend and attract friends. The author offers clear-cut friendship-making guidelines for parents and their children. Some of the book's recommendations include: don't over-schedule a child's time; guide children to participate in "friend-attracting" activities; seek out friends in the neighborhood.
- The author includes methods for dealing with bullying and inappropriate friendships
- Offers clear guidance for helping children become a good friend and attract lasting friendships for life
- Shows how to teach kids the social and emotional intelligence skills they need to form friendships such as listening, empathy, compassion, recreational conversation
- The book also includes techniques for teaching kids how to use MySpace, Facebook, and Twitter in positive ways that will foster friendships.
Keywords: how kids make friends, children and friends, how children make friends, over-scheduling , and kids friendships, children attracting friends, kids attracting friends, kids interests that can attract friends, children’, s interests that can attract friends, video-games and kids friendship, video-games and children’, s friendships, sports and children’, s friendship’, s, sports and kids’, friendships, MySpace and friendship, Fac and friendship, Twitter and friendship
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Page amount
- 288 pages
- Upbringing, Education
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN