The best corporations know that innovative thinking is the only competitive advantage that cannot be outsourced. The best schools are those that create cultures of imagination. No wonder then that the decisions that compromise our economy, and even our national security, are often blamed on the "failure of imagination." This book introduces us to a wide variety of individuals who have learned how to make a habit of imaginative thinking and creative action. It offers a set of universal practices that anyone can use to transform their life at work, home, and play. These 28.5 (yes, thats 28 and a half) practices, with titles like Mix Your Metaphors, Think Inside the Box, and Routinize Randomness, will enable anyone to become more imaginative and to teach others to do so as well—from corporate executive to educator to platoon sergeant.
- Offers 28.5 practices for unlocking anyone's imagination
- Dispels the myth that "you either have it or you dont"
- Contains stories of creative leaders, teachers, artists, and scientists that clearly illustrate the practices
- Eric Liu is the author of The True Patriot and Guiding Lights: How to Mentor
- Scott Noppe-Brandon, who conceived the book, is the Executive Director of Lincoln Center Institute