The must-have reference for building and optimizing Web applications for Safari on iPhone 3.0
The iPhone offers a compelling Web-based application development platform revolving around its built-in browser, Safari, which is built upon the open source WebKit framework. This must-have book serves as a hands-on guide to developing iPhone and iPod touch Web applications.
Beginning with an introduction to Web application development for iPhone, this unique book then covers invaluable information on working with mobile and touch technologies, utilizing iPhone UI frameworks, and designing, styling, and programming the interface. You'll discover how to move Web apps to native apps and much, much more.
- Walks you through the process of developing Web applications for iPhone and iPod touch
- Covers how to design and develop applications that emulate the look and feel of native iPhone apps.
- Instructs on how your Web app can respond to finger touch events that are a core part of the iPhone event model.
- Shows you how to create Web-based offline applications using the latest HTML 5 cache technologies
- Explains the unique process of moving Web apps to native apps
- Features a bonus chapter on optimizing and developing for third-party browsers
Completely compliant with the new iPhone OS 3.0, as well as latest enhancements to Safari on iPhone, this indispensable book is a must-have resource.