Written in a straightforward and accessible style, this reliable resource offers a complete overview of small business tax planning and provides you with the information needed to make tax-smart decisions throughout the year.
Focusing on best business practices and strategies that help you use deductions and tax credits effectively, shield business income, and maximize other aspects of small business taxes, this practical guide will show you how your actions in business today can affect your bottom line from a tax perspective tomorrow.
- Includes detailed coverage of the newest tax laws and IRS rules
- Reveals strategies that can help you run a tax-smart business all year long
- Contains comprehensive information on each deductible expense, including dollar limits and record-keeping requirements
- Offers clear instructions on where to report income and claim deductions on your tax forms
- Online supplement to update developments
- Other titles by Weltman: J.K. Lasser's 1001 Deductions & Tax Breaks 2011 and J.K. Lasser's New Tax Laws Simplified 2011
While many small business owners seek to improve their bottom line, few realize all the ways that both current and new tax laws can help them do so. With J.K. Lasser's Small Business Taxes 2011, you'll quickly discover how.
Keywords: J.K. Lasser, Lasser, small business taxes, business taxes, filing business taxes, loss from business operations, employment tax obligations, miscellaneous business expenses, general business credit, ordinary business income, ordinary loss deduction, minimum tax credit, business bad debts, business income and deductions, tax audits, sideline businesses