The first book devoted to the subject of how BIM affects individuals and organizations working within the ever-changing construction industry, BIM and Integrated Design discusses the implementation of building information modeling software as a cultural process with a focus on the technology’s impact and transformative effect—both potentially disruptive and liberating—on the social, psychological, and practical aspects of the workplace.
BIM and Integrated Design answers the questions that BIM poses to the firm that adopts it. Through thorough research and a series of case study interviews with industry leaders—and leaders in the making out from behind the monitor—BIM and Integrated Design helps you learn:
- Effective learning strategies for fully understanding BIM software and its use
- Key points about integrated design to help you promote the process to owners and your team
- How BIM changes not only the technology, process, and delivery but also the leadership playing field
- How to become a more effective leader no matter where you find yourself in the organization or on the project team
- How the introduction of BIM into the workforce has significant education, recruitment, and training implications
Covering all of the human issues brought about or exacerbated by the advent of BIM into the architecture workplace, profession, and industry, BIM and Integrated Design shows how to overcome real and perceived barriers to its use.
Keywords: Building Information Modeling (BIM), BIM, BIM software, 3-D elements in building design, 3-D architecture, integrated practice for architects, building modeling, 3-D modeling, practice-related information for building design, building design software, Building Design, Design, Drawing & Presentation, Building Design, Design, Drawing & Presentation