An essential resource for anyone who has a close relationship with a person who is bipolar
This book provides a much-needed resource for family and friends of the more than 5 million American adults suffering from bipolar disorder. From psychotic behavior that requires medication to milder mood swings with disturbing ups and down, this book offers a warm and often humorous user-friend guide for coping with bipolar loved ones, colleagues, and friends. The book includes
- Guidance for identifying bipolar disorder symptoms and how to get the diagnosis confirmed
- Strategies for dealing with rants, attacks, blame, depression, mania and other behaviors
- Crucial information on medication and its effectiveness and potential side-effects
- Techniques for dealing with attempts to self-medicate with drugs and alcohol
- How many people with bipolar disorders can care for themselves, get help, feel supported and go on with their own lives
This important book contains real-life illustrative examples and a wealth of helpful strategies and coping mechanisms that can be put into action immediately.
Keywords: families of people with bipolar disorder, friends of people with bipolar disorder, symptoms of bipolar disorder, suggestions for dealing with bipolar disorder, when someone you love has bipolar disorder, dealing with mania and depression, how do I know if it is bipolar disorder?