Authoritative guide to a rapidly growing Linux distribution
This is one of the first, if not the first comprehensive guide to the CentOS Linux operating system. Linux guru Tim Bornocyzyk, thoroughly covers the topic whether you're a Linux novice or a regular who now wants to master this increasingly popular distribution.
First find out how to install and configure CentOS. From there, you'll cover a wealth of Linux and CentOS tools, functions, and techniques, including: how to work in the GNOME and KDE desktop environments; how to use the Linux shell, file system, and text editor; how to configure CUPS printers, Samba for file and printer sharing and other features using GUI tools; and more.
- CentOS (Community ENTerprise Operating System) is a Linux operating system maintained by a small team of core developers based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- Lead author Christopher Negus is the bestselling Linux author of such books as Fedora 10 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux Bible and Linux 2009 Edition Bible; he is also a member of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux training team
- Tech edited by key member of the CentOS development team, Ralph Angenendt, and foreword written by lead CentOS developer, Karanbir Singh.
- Learn how to set up users, automate system tasks, back up and restore files, and prepare for the latest security issues and threats; also learn how to use and customize the desktop menus, icons, window manager, and xterm; and how to create and publish formatted documents
- Explores available Linux multimedia applications for graphics, audio, video and CD burning
- The DVD includes complete copy of the most current CentOS Distribution – CentOS 5.3
For getting the most out of CentOS Linux, this is the book you need to succeed.
Keywords: CentOS Bible, books on CentOS, guide to CentOS, learn CentOS, CentOS install, CentOS installation, CentOS tutorials, configuring Linux, installing Linux, Linux configuration, Linux howto, linus setup, Centos setup, how to install CentOS, using CentOS, CentOS CMS, CentOS and Linux, CentOS Linux, using open source operating systems, guide to CentOS Linux, book on Linux CentOS, Linux distributions, books on Linux distributions, CentOS development, Linux development, Red Hat Linux, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, GNOME, KDE, GUI tools, Linux multimedia, Linux applications, linux, centos, enterprise, community, server, network