The one book you absolutely need to get up and running with Windows Server 2008 R2.
One of the world's leading Windows authorities and top-selling author Mark Minasi explores every nook and cranny of the latest version of Microsoft's flagship network operating system, Windows Server 2008 R2, giving you the most in-depth coverage in any book on the market.
- Focuses on Windows Windows Server 2008 R2, the newest version of Microsoft's Windows' server line of operating system, and the ideal server for new Windows 7 clients
- Author Mark Minasi is one of the world's leading Windows authorities and has taught tens of thousands of people to design and run Windows networks
- Covers Windows storage concepts and skills, Windows Server 2008 IP, WINS, NetBIOS, LMHosts, DNS, creating the simple Active Directory, and creating and managing user accounts
- Explains Group Policy in Active Directory; files, folders and shares; Sysvol, old and new; sharing printers on the network; remote server administration; connecting Windows clients to your network; working the Web with IIS 7.0; and AD maintenance and recovery
- Provides workarounds for things that don't quite work as they should and how-tos for many undocumented features
Find out everything you want to know-and then some!
Keywords: book on windows server 2008, how to use Windows Server 2008 R2, guide to Windows Server 2008 R2, books by Mark Minasi, Mark Minasi book on Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 RD installation, guide to Windows Server 2008 operating system, Minasi, Mark Minasi