The Open Mobile Alliance: Delivering Service Enablers for Next-Generation Applications
The Open Mobile Alliance (OMA) is an industry forum, which develops open specifications to help in the creation of applications and services to be deployed over converged networks. The alliance is the leading industry forum for generating market-driven specifications for interoperable mobile service enablers that facilitate global user adoptions of mobile multimedia services. Members include traditional wireless industry segments, such as mobile operators mobile operators (e.g. AT&T, China Mobile, Orange, Sprint Nextel, T-Mobile, Telefonica, Vodafone), equipment and mobile systems manufacturers (e.g. Alcatel-Lucent, Ericsson, Motorola, Nokia, Philips, Samsung, Siemens, Sony-Ericsson), and Information Technology vendors (e.g. BEA Systems, IBM, Microsoft, Oracle Corporation, Sun Microsystems and NEC). Since its formation in 2002, the OMA has made significant progress in areas such as push-to-talk over cellular, device management, presence and group management, and messaging.
The Open Mobile Alliance:
- Provides a comprehensive overview of the service enablers published by the OMA, tying together all the different piece parts developed by the individual working groups
- Offers a thorough introduction to the OMA Service Environments (OSE) and the specification process for enabling technologies.
- Discusses enablers for services such as gaming, IMS, Parlay, mobile broadcast and web services.
- Contains contributions from all stakeholders in the mobile application value chain.
The Open Mobile Alliance Alliance is an invaluable resource for OMA members, product managers, network architects and planners, standards managers, standards engineers and IT professionals. Advanced Students and lecturers on mobile application development and standardization courses will also find this book of interest."The success of OMA is due to its individual members' contributions, and this book is testament to their hard work. The individual members' efforts and the authors of this book are to be congratulated on their magnificent achievements." Mark Cataldo, Senior Advisor, Orange SA, OMA Technical Plenary Chairman
Keywords: COMPUTERS / Programming / Software Development COM051230
- Brenner, Michael
- Unmehopa, Musa
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Page amount
- 530 pages
- Information Technology, Telecommunications
- eISBN (PDF)
- Printed ISBN