- Packed with clear examples and illustrations to explain H.264 technology in an accessible and practical way.
- Covers basic video coding concepts, video formats and visual quality.
- Explains how to measure and optimise the performance of H.264 and how to balance bitrate, computation and video quality.
- Analyses recent work on scalable and multi-view versions of H.264, case studies of H.264 codecs and new technological developments such as the popular High Profile extensions.
- An invaluable companion for developers, broadcasters, system integrators, academics and students who want to master this burgeoning state-of-the-art technology.
"[This book] unravels the mysteries behind the latest H.264 standard and delves deeper into each of the operations in the codec. The reader can implement (simulate, design, evaluate, optimize) the codec with all profiles and levels. The book ends with extensions and directions (such as SVC and MVC) for further research." Professor K. R. Rao, The University of Texas at Arlington, co-inventor of the Discrete Cosine Transform
Keywords: markets; growing range; fundamental; broadcasting; video; high; part; definition; implementation; book; importance; growing; system; overview; syntax; standard; advice; practical; readers; clear examples; technology; accessible; performance