Flexible Power Transmission: The HVDC Options
Flexible Power Transmission is a comprehensive guide to the high voltage direct current (HVDC) options available, helping the reader to make informed decisions for designing future power transmission systems. The book includes:
- a full description of the principles and components in existing converter technology, as well as alternative proposals for self-commutating conversion; A review of the state of power semiconductors suited to HVDC transmission and present proposals for multi-level HVDC transmission.
- a detailed overview of the flexible HVDC methods for improving controllability and increasing power transfer capability in electrical power systems.
- up-to-date information on thyrisistor-based HVDC technology.
- coverage of new pulse width modulation (PWM) transmission technology and multi-level voltage source conversion (VSC) and current source conversion (CSC).
An excellent reference for professional power engineers, Flexible Power Transmission is also a useful guide for power system researchers as well as lecturers and students in power systems and power electronics disciplines.
- Arrillaga, Jos
- Liu, Y. H.
- Watson, Neville R.
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Page amount
- 374 pages
- Technology, Energy, Traffic
- eISBN (PDF)
- Printed ISBN