A Self-fulfilling Prophecy: Building a Successful Career in Health Research
The book breaks down the key to a successful career in health research, through a systematic analysis of how you can improve your curriculum vitae and positively influence external factors that will determine the eventual success of your career. PhD candidates and Post-Doctoral Fellows provide insights into how they have developed their own research careers, thus providing evidence that it is possible to achieve something substantive if you are able to think and judge your career in a critical manner.
A Self-fulfilling Prophecy: Building a Successful Career in Health Research offers guidance on the following issues:
- How to choose an attractive research topic
- How to benchmark yourself against peer competitors
- How to compose a competitive research grant application
- How to improve your overall skills as a health research
- How to break the mould and stand out as a health researcher
This book will be a useful and informative read for anyone who is starting a career in both non-medical and medical health research or for readers who are looking for direction and inspiration in their existing career.
Keywords: MEDICAL / Research MED106000
- Stewart, Simon
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Page amount
- 184 pages
- Medicine, Health Care, Mode
- eISBN (PDF)
- Printed ISBN