From essays to feature articles, from book reports to scripts, in all 37 types of writing are thoroughtly overviewed in this new edition. Solid coverage of good writing principals, subject-specific writing samples for each type of writing covered in the book, and important considerations for writing and the internet, college admissions essays and scholarship applications, and much more all come together in this newly revised classic. Readers will enjoy numerous improvements including:
- At 448 pages, this edition is much sleeker than the prior edition
- All-new sections on term papers, theses, and dissertations
- A new, space-saving interior design, making content more easily navigated and offering quicker reference
- All-new coverage of the specific considerations when writing for various subjects, including English, social sciences, science, technical subjects, and business
- Readers will find fewer samples in the new print edition, but the leaner page count doesn’t eliminate any samples. Readers can find all the samples and more on a companion website. No matter what discipline students are writing for, a sample for the type of paper or composition is available.
- Readers will find expanded content on school and college application essays, special program admission essays, and on scholarship application essays. Additional samples of each of these important categories will also be accessible to the reader online.