Bonding with Your Dog: A Trainer's Secrets for Building a Better Relationship
In this groundbreaking book, professional dog trainer Victoria Schade reveals that a successful relationship between you and your dog isn't about establishing yourself as the pack leader, but about building a meaningful bond. She explains how this bond forms the core of your entire relationship; if it's lacking, it's the primary source of any frustration you may be having with your dog.
First, you'll take a quiz to help you gauge your current relationship with your dog. Next, you'll learn the building blocks for creating a positive, mutually rewarding bond-from granting privileges to being unpredictable to offering ample praise and playtime. You'll discover how a bonded dog:
- Listens to obedience cues
- Wants you in her sightlines, even in intriguing environments
- Doesn't escape through open doorways
- Understands and follows your house rules
- Wants to be close to you and work with you
- Truly trusts and respects you
Whether you share your heart and home with a puppy, an adolescent, or a senior dog, it's never too early or too late to build a bond to last a lifetime-and this book shows you how.
- Schade, Victoria
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Page amount
- 256 pages
- Pet Care, Horse Riding
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN