Wiley Series On Information And Communication Technology
T. Russell Hsing And Vincent K. N. Lau, Series Editors
The Fabric of Mobile Services
Software Paradigms and Business Demands
What is the future of mobile services?
In order for mobile services to achieve the scale, scope, and agility required to keep them relevant and successful, a number of fundamental technical and business challenges need to be addressed. The Fabric of Mobile Services provides readers with a solid understanding of the subject, covering short-and long-term considerations and future trends that will shape thistechnological evolution.
Beginning with an introduction that brings readers up to speed on the mobile services environment, the book covers:
- The business of mobile services
- Mobile user location as a service enabler
- Simplicity and user experience
- The always-on infrastructure challenge
- Underpinnings of mobile opportunism
- Design patterns for mobile services
- Advanced services of today and tomorrow
Complemented with case studies and end-of-chapter summaries that help facilitate readers' comprehension, The Fabric of Mobile Services is essential reading for researchers, engineers, software engineers, students, and anyone working in the mobile services industry.