Liberally laced with Dan’s famous humor and clear instructions, Troubleshooting & Maintaining Your PC All-in-One For Dummies is divided into six minibooks covering hardware, software, laptops, Internet, networking, and maintenance. Each one gives you some background on what causes common problems, to help you understand what’s wrong as well as how to fix it. You’ll learn to:
- Troubleshoot both Windows XP and Vista
- Solve e-mail and Web woes, makes friends with ActiveX, and protect your system from evil software and viruses
- Resolve router problems, reset the modem, delve into IP addresses, and find the elusive wireless network
- Investigate startup issues, battery quirks, and power problems
- Travel safely and efficiently with your laptop
- Perform regular maintenance and keep good backups
- Solve problems with disks and printers
- Find missing files, successfully restore files if something major goes wrong, and pep up your PC
The bonus DVD walks you through some of the complex steps discussed in the book and demonstrates tasks like removing a hard drive. There’s a great collection of free and demo software, too. Troubleshooting & Maintaining Your PC All-in-One For Dummies is tech support in a book!
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
Keywords: troubleshooting a PC, common PC problems, how to handle common PC problems, solving PC problems, problems with PC hardware, problems with PC software, problems with a PC operating system, maintaining top PC performance, Dan Gookin, PC maintenance, PC tools, maintenance tools, hardware maintenance, personal computer maintenance, computer maintenance