Written in an engaging and conversational style, this Second Edition has been updated and expanded to reflect the latest advancements that have occurred since publication of the previous edition. Key features of this new edition include:
• Expanded coverage of detectors, lasers, photon budgets, signal processing scheme planning, and front ends
• A brand new chapter on mechanics and motion
• Coverage of basic theory and measurement principles to optical and electronic design, debugging and system integration
• Chapter problems that are highly relevant to real-world design
• A discussion of low-light level detectors
Each chapter begins with an introduction and an appendix is included at the back of the book pointing readers toward valuable reading to further enhance their knowledge of the presented material. Building Electro-Optical Systems: Making It All Work, Second Edition is essential reading for researchers, scientists, students, and various professionals who work in optical design.
Keywords: electro-optical systems, electro-optical instruments, electro-optical design, electro-optical instrument construction, electro-optical instrument design, electro-optical system integration, optical laboratories, optical labs, optical properties, electro-optical systems, optical design