Award-winning photographers Ellen Anon and Josh Anon reveal the secrets to creating superlative nature images using their field-tested methods and practical instruction in Photoshop and Photoshop Elements. You’ll find eye-opening techniques, terrific workflow ideas, and timesaving ways to apply a broad array of Photoshop tools to optimize your images—from improving tonal values and adjusting color to adding effects and creating panoramas.
The book includes spectacular photographs from exotic places around the world shot by Ellen and Josh, as well as tips and examples from some of the most esteemed professional nature photographers, including Michael Reichman, George Lepp, Joe McDonald, Arthur Morris, John Shaw, and others—with every photo hand-picked to inspire you.
- Master powerful new Photoshop CS4 tools, such as the Adjustment Brush, Mask panel, Mask Edges, and Adobe Output Module
- Adjust color and exposure to fine-tune detail and capture mood
- Use Smart Objects and Filters to create flexible workflows
- Create depth-of-field and high-dynamic-range composites to go beyond camera limitations
- Create Actions, use shortcuts, and automate tasks to save time
- Explore the surprisingly rich toolset of Photoshop Elements
Valuable CD-ROM with Video Training
- The CD includes more than 60 minutes of video training that focuses on new features in Photoshop CS4 and also draws from Ellen Anon’s years of workshop teaching experience. You’ll also find sample images to help you practice the techniques in the book.