You’ll understand the basics of AD and utilize its structures to simplify your life and secure your digital environment. You’ll discover how to exert fine-grained control over groups, assets, security, permissions, and policies on a Windows network and efficiently configure, manage, and update the network. You’ll find new and updated material on security improvements, significant user interface changes, and updates to the AD scripting engine, password policies, accidental object deletion protection, and more. You will learn how to:
- Navigate the functions and structures of AD
- Understand business and technical requirements and determine goals
- Become familiar with physical components like site links, network services, and site topology
- Manage and monitor new features, AD replication, and schema management
- Maintain AD databases
- Avoid common AD mistakes that can undermine network security
Complete with lists of the ten most important points about AD, and ten cool Web resources, and ten troubleshooting tips, Active Directory For Dummies, 2nd Edition is your one-stop guide to setting up, working with, and making the most of Active Directory.