Of immeasurable value to students, faculty, and professionals involved in agricultural economics, finance, policy, and a host of agribusinesses this unique volume brings together leading farmland authorities in the United States and Canada to examine the economic determinants of land value and the consequences of changes in land values. The authors of this timely book provide expert analysis and review of this subject, examining it from the following perspectives:
* An historical overview of the structure and performance of farmland markets in the United States
* The links between farmland values and agricultural policy in the United States
* The capital market dimension of farmland values
* The mechanics of farmland markets, especially the cost of buying and selling farmland
* Environmental concerns, including the potential impact of urban encroachment
* The role of regulations against foreign ownership of farmland on farmland values in Canada.
Keywords: TECHNOLOGY & ENGINEERING / Agriculture / General TEC003000