- Clear, detailed and intuitive explanations of all major products, their function, pricing and risks (several of which are unavailable anywhere else despite producing billions of dollars in annual revenue for Wall St.)
- The layout of the trading floor, the roles and responsibilities of the different sales and trading groups and how they interact to service the client business
- An overview of the structure of the macro-economy and the trader’s perspective on the significance of economic data releases and their impact on the financial markets
- A review of those concepts from fundamental valuation and financial statement analysis of greatest relevance on the trading floor (as opposed to abstract valuation models)
- Practical details of the structure and functioning of the equity and derivative markets including translations of trader jargon, Bloomberg tips, market conventions, liquidity and risk considerations and much more…
This book provides the first comprehensive explanation of all aspects of the functioning of the equities division, with information, details and insights previously only available to those who already worked on a trading floor. The availability of this material in a format accessible to non-professionals fundamentally changes the level of industry knowledge employers in the financial services industry can expect of new hires.
Keywords: equities division, equity products, derivatives, equity derivatives, working on Wall Street, Wall Street guide, major equity products, equity pricing, equity risk, trading floor, equity markets, derivative markets, trading logistics, market conventions, liquidity, risk considerations, tricks of the equity trade, inside insights, training book, training course