This book provides a comprehensive reference on emulsion polymerization methods,focusing on the fundamental mechanisms and kinetics of each process, as well as howthey can be applied to the manufacture of environmentally friendly polymeric materials.
Topics covered include:
- Conventional emulsion polymerization
- Miniemulsion polymerization
- Microemulsion polymerization
- Industrial emulsion polymerization processes (primarily the semibatch and continuous reactions systems)
- The role of various colloidal phenomena in emulsion polymerization
- Important end-use properties of emulsion polymer (latex) products
- Information on industrial applications in paints, coatings, adhesives, paper and board, and more
This is a hands-on reference for graduate students and professionals in polymerchemistry, chemical engineering, and materials science who are involved in researchon coatings, adhesives, rubber, latex, paints, finishes, and other materials that can becreated using various methods of emulsion polymerization.
Keywords: Chorng-Shyan Chern, emulsion polymerization, emulsion polymerization mechanisms, emulsion polymerization kinetics, miniemulsiion polymerizations, microemulsion polymerizations, colloidal phenomena in emulsion polymerization, industrial emulsion polymerization processes