As in earlier editions, the material is set in a historical context to more powerfully illustrate the ideas and concepts.
* Includes fully updated and revised material from the successful second edition
* Recent changes in emphasis, principle and methodology are carefully explained and evaluated
* Discusses all recent major developments
* Particular attention is given to the nature and importance of basic concepts (probability, utility, likelihood etc)
* Includes extensive references and bibliography
Written by a well-known and respected author, the essence of this successful book remains unchanged providing the reader with a thorough explanation of the many approaches to inference and decision making.