Coverage is extensive and includes:
* raw materials and ingredients, from wheat flours to sweeteners, yeast, and functional additives;
* the principles of baking, such as mixing processes, doughmaking, fermentation, and sensory evaluation;
* manufacturing considerations for bread and other bakery products, including quality control and enzymes;
* special bakery products, ranging from manufacture of cakes, cookies, muffins, bagels, and pretzels to dietetic bakery products, gluten-free cereal-based products; and
* specialty bakery items from around the world, including Italian bakery foods.
Blending the technical aspects of baking with the freshest scientific research, Bakery Products: Science and Technology has all the finest ingredients to serve the most demanding appetites of food science professionals, researchers, and students.
Keywords: COOKING / Methods / Baking CKB004000