Following this book's step-by-step guidance, you can successfully initiate and complete critical phases of preclinical drug development. The book serves as a basic, comprehensive reference to prioritizing and optimizing leads, dose formulation, ADME, pharmacokinetics, modeling, and regulations. This authoritative, easy-to-use resource covers all the issues that need to be considered and provides detailed instructions for current methods and techniques.
Each chapter is written by one or more leading experts in the field. These authors, representing the many disciplines involved in preclinical toxicology screening and testing, give you the tools needed to apply an effective multidisciplinary approach. The editor has carefully reviewed all the chapters to ensure that each one is thorough, accurate, and clear.
Among the key topics covered are:
- Modeling and informatics in drug design
- Bioanalytical chemistry
- Absorption of drugs after oral administration
- Transporter interactions in the ADME pathway of drugs
- Metabolism kinetics
- Mechanisms and consequences of drug-drug interactions
- Each chapter offers a full exploration of problems that may be encountered and their solutions. The authors also set forth the limitations of various methods and techniques used in determining the safety and efficacy of a drug during the preclinical stage.
Keywords: MEDICAL / Pharmacology MED071000