This hands-on, comprehensive reference provides accessible, organized information on the structures and applications of Vitamin D and its related chemicals. The most extensive published list of Vitamin D molecules, it provides a record for approximately 950 derivatives of Vitamins D2 and D3. Information provided of each compound includes:
- Structure, chemical name, synonyms, and properties
- Information on bioactivities, structure-activity relationships (SAR), synthesis, and toxicity data
- CAS registry number and/or NLM PubChem chemical identification number
- References to published work on the compound
- This unique, full perspective on the chemistry of Vitamin D includes detailed indexes that facilitate the search for a specific compound. With monographs of all the chemicals related to Vitamin D in published literature, Vitamin D Handbook: Structures, Synonyms, and Properties is an invaluable resource for anyone conducting research on Vitamin D, including chemists, biochemists, research directors, and clinical directors. It is also an excellent resource for graduate students.