Describes the major architectures, standards, and technologies of Passive Optical Networks (PONs)
The ComSoc Guide to Passive Optical Networks provides readers with a concise explanation of the key features of Passive Optical Networks (PONs); the different types of PON architectures and standards; key issues of PON devices, management, and implementation; and the promising business opportunities in access networks.
Written for a broad audience, ranging from developers to users, this indispensable book provides an understanding o the evolutionary path of PON access systems and their positioning with respect to the cable, copper, and wireless competitors for broadband access networks. In addition, The ComSoc Guide to Passive Optical Networks:
- Provides brief, high-level overviews of the architectures and applications of Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) or Fiber-to-the-Curb (FTTC) access networks and the alternative HFC, subscriber line, and WiMAX access systems
- Awards readers with a clear understanding of what BPON, GPON, WDM-PON and EPON are and how they work, together with an introduction to their respective standards
- Carefully defines all acronyms and technical terms, making the book accessible to those who may not be specialists in this area
- Gives readers an appreciation of the last mile problems in telecommunications access networks, and the opportunities in optical-wireless integration
Keywords: FTTH standards; FTTC standards; PON; Passive Optical Networks; PON standards; PON architecture; Fiber-to-the-Home; Fiber-to-the-Curb; Passive Optical Networks standards; Passive Optical Networks architecture; PON devices; Passive Optical Networks devices; PON management; Passive Optical Networks management; optical networks; Passive Optical Network; PON; GPON; EPON; WDM-PON; optical access network; Steve Weinstein; Stephen B. Weinstein; Ting Wang, Communication Technology, Mobile & Wireless Communications, Communication Technology, Mobile & Wireless Communications
- Luo, Yuanqiu
- Wang, Ting
- Weinstein, Stephen B.
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- The ComSoc Guides to Communications Technologies
- Page amount
- 200 pages
- Information Technology, Telecommunications
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN