In this book leading profesionals in the semiconductor microelectronics field discuss the future evolution of their profession. The following are some of the questions discussed:
- Does CMOS technology have a real problem?
- Do transistors have to be smaller or just better and made of better materials?
- What is to come after semiconductors?
- Superconductors or molecular conductors?
- Is bottom-up self-assembling the answer to the limitation of top-down lithography?
- Is it time for Optics to become a force in computer evolution?
- Quantum Computing, Spintronics?
- Where is the printable plastic electronics proposed 10 years ago?
- Are carbon nanotube transistors the CMOS of the future?