The Glycemic Index (GI) is a scientifically proven tool that will revolutionize your approach to weight loss. Forget fad diets, depriving yourself, and counting calories-a low glycemic diet is simple to follow, satisfying, and it will give you results that you can see and feel. Sherry Torkos, a pharmacist, fitness instructor, and natural health expert has created an easy-to-follow action plan that will help you to lose weight, reduce food cravings, control appetite, and boost energy while you impro9ve your health. In this book you will learn about:
- Diabetes, metabolic syndrome, and heart disease: how to lower risk using the GI
- The impact of blood sugar and insulin on weight loss, aging, and sexual function
- How stress, sleep, and hormone imbalances affect body fat
- Holiday and restaurant survival strategies
- Smart supplements for blood sugar control and weight loss
- Tips on creating an effective exercise program
The GI Made Simple is a Valuable resource for everyone./ Whether you want to lose weight, have more energy and greater vitality, or cut your risk of chronic health problems, this is a must-have book.