Paediatrician Dr. Diane Sacks and the CPS have compiled the most current information relating to child health and development. This guide empowers parents to make informed decisions about their child’s well-being by laying out the information in an engaging and informative way. Emphasis is placed on health, development, injury prevention and nutrition.
Organized into age-specific sections, the book features a modular format that allows parents or caregivers to jump in and out with just the information they need. Clear instructions are given to help parents assess the severity of a situation or condition, with guidelines that recommend “mention at the next Dr.’s appt.,” “make an appt. to see the Dr.,” or “proceed to the clinic or emergency room immediately.” This type of easy-to-apply advice will make this a “go to” resource for generations to come.
The book includes the most up-to-date information on:
- Preparing for your baby’s arrival
- The role of the parent in caring for your child’s health
- The Canadian Health Care System: dealing with the system and your role as a parent in getting the best care
- Growth and Development charts
- A detailed section on children’s mental health
The Canadian Paediatric Society (CPS) has been working for children since 1922. Today more than 2,000 paediatricians from across Canada belong to the CPS.