Burnout and chaos are real risks in this hectic world of deadlines and multiple projects. Planners often find themselves working down to the wire against crushing deadlines and a mountain of obstacles that impede their progress. Too frequently, there is not enough time to get the job done properly, let alone to spend on personal or professional pursuits. And for many involved in the event planning field, there is the extra dimension of travel to factor in, juggling multiple projects on a daily basis across a multitude of time zones.
For smooth event implementation, and for business success, it is essential that planners know how to manage their own time as well as they manage an event. Time Management for Event Planners teaches readers how to successfully manage their workload, and do what matters most, when it matters most:
- Analyze and prioritize tasks.
- Structure your workload and your day for maximum performance.
- Identify red-flag activities that hinder productivity.
- Reduce stress-producing time crunches.
- Identify when extra help is needed, as well as how to delegate, outsource, and even partner with suppliers in crunch periods.
- Work with rather than against deadlines.
- Save time using technology.
- Manage multiple projects, even in multiple time zones.
- Balance your personal and professional life.
Whether you are an event planner, a hospitality professional, in public relations or other related fields, Time Management for Event Planners offers time-saving tips, techniques, examples, and expert insight that will help you get time on your side.