For years, millions of Canadians have injected billions of dollars into mutual funds in the quest for better returns on their investments. But few investors realize that most Canadian equity mutual funds consistently underperform the TSE300— the key benchmark they're measured against.
Stop Buying Mutual Funds explains why so many Canadian funds turn in such poor performances and offers a simple approach to beating the pros by investing on your own. Stop Buying Mutual Funds low-risk, low-maintenance system of do-it-yourself investing increases your chances of reaping long-term returns that beat most Canadian stock and bond mutual funds.
- Provides a low-fee do-it-yourself alternative to buying mutual funds.
- Shows you how you can create and build your own solid, low-risk and bond portfolio with Canadian and foreign investments.
- Tells you how to save thousands of dollars— or even hundreds of thousands of dollars— in feels over a lifetime of investing.
- Helps to maximize your investment returns both inside and outside of your RRSP.
- Offers practical advice for a range of investors, from the totally risk-averse to the more risk-tolerant.
- Completely revised and updated: statistics show that mutual funds are still well behind the indexes; discusses the emergence (finally!) of low-fee index funds in Canada; the fast-growing number of index stocks to choose from; and much more.