Anyone can become a landlord, but not everyone will be a profitable landlord. Distilling over 35 years of his first-hand experience, Doug Gray, one of Canada’s most respected real estate authors and experts, guides readers on how to become a successful landlord.
Following the effective and proven formula of his previous bestsellers, The Canadian Landlord Guide fills the void of information on Canadian landlording. Some of the covered topics include:
- Principles and formulas for profitable landlording
- Understanding how the real estate market works
- The pitfalls of real estate investing and how to avoid them
- Types of rental formats
- Where to get information on prospective properties
- How to finance real estate investments
- The legal aspects of buying and renting property
- Tenant selection
- Property maintenance
Filled with easy-to-understand and credible advice, The Canadian Landlord Guide is a must-have resource for all Canadian landlords. Seasoned professionals and aspiring beginners alike will find Doug Gray’s landlording guide to be one of their key tools in their quest for real estate success.
Doug Gray, B.A., LL.B. (Vancouver, BC) has been buying, renovating, and renting real estate for 35 years. In addition to being a successful real estate entrepreneur, Doug has written over 28 bestselling real estate, business, and personal finance titles, including Making Money in Real Estate (978-0-470-83620-0) and The Canadian Snowbird Guide (978-0-470-15375-8).