Through our years of expereince in commercial real estate, it became apparent to us that we had gathered a body of knowledge that would be of interest to investors and professionals, such as Realtors, financiers, lawyers, property managers, and their tenants. We would often be called on to render an opinion or conduct research on various aspects of commercial real estate. Hence, we thought it timely to write a book that is both a primer on commercial real estate investment and a useful tool and reference guide for seasoned professionals.
Here, in broad strokes, are the main topics our book addresses:
- why should consider investing in commercial real estate
- what to look for in each of the main types of real estate
- purchasing strategies
- a primer in real estate taxation
- how to build your team of professionals
- how offers to buy and leases are structured and what you should pay attention to specifically
- how commercial property financing works
- an understanding of property management, repairs, and renovations
- the requirements and responsibilities of being a good landlord
- how to conduct due diligence for prospective tenants
- ways to increase income and lower expenses from the property
Owning a copy of Commercial Real Estate Investing in Canada entitles you to a free newsletter subscription to the Real Estate Mentor Newsletter where you will receive useful updates, resources, and tips about the exciting world of commercial real estate investing. You also have an opportunity to contact the authors with your comments and questions about the book. Sign up today at www.realestatementor.ca.